Medical Front Office Receptionist
The Medical Receptionist is responsible for welcoming patients upon arrival, providing patient check-in and check-out process, maintaining phone etiquette, coordinating schedules, and collecting payment at the time of service. This position is non-supervisory.
Training and Experience
- Minimum High School education or GED equivalent.
- Minimum one year of medical office experience.
- Working knowledge of insurance and medical office terminology.
- Working knowledge of Athena EMR preferred.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- May be required to lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
- Must be able to concentrate for extended periods of time, paying close attention to detail.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment; including a computer, fax machine, copier, printer, scanner, and multi-line telephone system.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Attention to detail to schedule patients correctly and communicate scheduling difficulties appropriately.
- Provide high-level patient-centered customer service.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of patient health information.
- Greet patients professionally, both in person and on the phone.
- Answer patient questions and provide assistance and directions when necessary.
- Obtain accurate information from the patient and ensure all data is collected, updated and complete.
- Register patients, verify and update patient data in the EMR system.
- Collect patient copay, deductible and/or other account balances.
- Ensure balances for all end-of-day financial transactions are posted correctly and reports are reconciled daily.
- Prepare the required paperwork for the following day.
- Schedule appointments that best meet the patient’s needs in adherence to physicians’ schedules and availability.
- Complete all front office task bucket items daily.
- Knowledge of insurance principles and practices.
- Ability to sort and file materials correctly by the alphabetical or numeric system.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact positively with patients who may be upset or stressed.
- Ability to multi-task with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to problem solve and exercise critical thinking skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and thorough knowledge of HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Ability to respond positively to supervision and direction.
- Ability and willingness to adapt to changes, as necessary.
- Ability to maintain a positive, professional attitude and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ensure a safe, harassment, and discrimination-free work environment by immediately reporting all issues related to harassment, safety, discrimination, or other improper conduct to the Practice Administrator and/or the Practice Owner.
- Perform other duties as directed.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Gynecology & Obstetrics Associates of Tallahassee is an Equal Opportunity Employer.